Tuesday, 9 December 2014

first time

Tuesday, 9 December 2014
I can cross-off something else on my "bucket list" of things to do before I...well, you know what a bucket list is for, *wink*.

I made KALE CHIPS, yay!!!


About to go in the oven


These were everything I've read about - moorish and addictive. I gleaned my tips from this website and they turned out superb! I prefer mine fresh out of the oven, rather than cooled because they're so much crisper.

Anyway, I'm really pleased I got that out of my system, and will consider growing kale in our future vegetable patch, just for making kale chips.

5 comments:

  1. These are the best way to eat kale-until you make a kale slaw then you can rotate. Kale is an easy one to grow-you might be able to grow it in a five gallon bucket-the root is pretty thick and the plant can be heavy. Its the first in and the last out in our garden-it stays till the snow kills it off. I grow the dinasaur variety which is less crinkly and easier to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on variety. I have used the curly edge one, but the tip on the website said to cook it at a lower temp, so you don't get burned edges. But I can see the logic in skipping the curls too. I'll watch for kale in the shops and see if I can try growing it in a tub. Thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste differently-I think the dinosaur one is more bitter? or vice versa but I like it! Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I confess I've never tried these but like you, have wanted to! Link to recipe appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Links always help don't they! It should'nt have been hard to make kale chips, but I needed a few extra tips which gave me the confidence to try it - plus I had the extra kale I bought on sale, to motivate me. ;)

      Delete

Throw your pebble into the pool...

Thinking small in a big world...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP