Monday, 15 December 2014

paperwork

Monday, 15 December 2014
I'd much rather use paper for illustrating. When it comes to changing anything in life, however, the "official" paperwork inevitably starts piling up!





I downloaded some Compulsory Superannuation Forms recently, to give David's new employers. I filled other paperwork related to his new employment too - forms for uniforms, forms for tax file numbers - forms, forms, forms!

Why do I do it, instead of my dearly beloved? Because I file the papers away like a squirrel hiding nuts for the winter. I know where I hide it all and more importantly, how to put it all back again, lol.





There's a large four drawer filing cabinet (otherwise known as the paper tree) which holds all the documents which let us do things like change superannuation funds, change jobs and tax arrangements, sell houses, open bank accounts, apply for birth certificates, etc.

So while I'd much rather be drawing right now, it will have to wait for this season of squirrelling to be over.

7 comments:

  1. haha, I do the paperwork for my husband too, but he does the welding, so its fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the kind of thiing that I need my daughter around for. I just don't have the patience! Or talent . Just the very idea of it frustrates me. Jasmine and her dad are definitely good at this-me and Battle run for our lives when its paperwork time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, paperwork can be overwhelming! You should see me at tax time, lol. ;)

      Delete
    2. I'd rather not. lol. I will run and hide anytime the file cabinet drawers are opened:)

      Delete
  3. That's what I call self-discipline. :)

    ReplyDelete

Throw your pebble into the pool...

Thinking small in a big world...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP