Coffee grinds

 

Time for a life update and where I'm at. I've finally resumed part-time work instead of full-time. No more 40 hr weeks. A manageable 24-hours instead. Also, the benefit of a rotating roster. Meaning, I get 6 consecutive days off. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? Only the reality is, I haven't stopped working when I'm not at my workplace.

In my downtime, I'm getting my house ready to sell in 3 months - looking at having to buy - then there's setting up my son for a new school at high school, next year. Scrambling through regular school activities in between. 




My life is blessed in so many ways - it's just pulling me in every direction at the moment. Taxing every second of the day with every ounce of energy. Simple coffee breaks have become serious business now. The smell of freshly brewed coffee, is heavenly. The warmth of the cup in my hands. Just stopping!!

I love me a good coffee, but sadly unable to grab them with my real-life friends at the moment. Which feels a tad isolating and limiting. Although I won't always be selling a house or wrapping up the tail ends of a divorce. So the uncomfortable remnants of this time, will pass.




The time for living out of cardboard boxes, is fast approaching - so I'm getting this post published before then. It could get rather busy as I try moving into a new home in 6 months time. It may feel daunting and exhausting, but not impossible. 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

That's who's packing my mojo this season!


CREDITS:

1st image by Anne Vandervalk on Pexels
2nd image by Gordon Plant on Unsplash
3rd image by SHVETS production on Pexels 


Comments

  1. Chris, I am pleased you are now working less hours. We will catch up one day when you take a breath as you have a lot to do. I think of you often. Chel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm very happy to cut my hours to prep for everything coming. You've been in my thoughts too - our lovely coffee mornings with dear friends. I look forward to having those again.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like one of those "this too shall pass" episodes in life. Big changes are always stressful! Hopefully, the sale of your house will go smoothly and you'll be able to re-establish that area of your life peacefully

    The rotating work roster sounds like a real blessing. My son works for BMW and has that. They really like it because those days off make it possible to actually do things and go places.

    Blessings on you Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leigh, sorry for the late reply. That's definitely true about life episodes, and it's great your son has a job with such a reputable company. I've got some good news to share about my little car, and my workplace, next month. Took me by surprise and was a wonderful blessing. No new car, in case you were wondering, lol. That would be my first thought!

      Delete
  3. Hi i like your content 🔥🔥🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Throw your pebble into the pool...

Popular posts from this blog

Who's there?

Reopening this space

The least of these