Replanting a thought


Northern hemisphere readers will be taking in the sunshine, as summer days increase the enjoyment of outdoors. It's quite the opposite in the Southern hemisphere. Where a box of tissues are my constant companion, along with a collection of throat lozenges. I enjoyed some sunlight on the verandah yesterday which warmed me delightfully!

All things considered, my health is quite good. It's just flu season and the obligatory viral something. My son had it for two weeks and now it's my turn. More annoying than anything. Because I have plans on pause, so I can heal.




Do you have any goals that you're pursuing at present? I have some treasures tucked away for later, once I get resettled in a new home. Things I've always wanted to pursue but had little time for. When I'm forced to stop like now though, I can give them more consideration. A marathon approach, rather than a sprint to the finish line.  

What's the longest you've had to wait to realise a special dream? The one I'm nurturing at present is as old as I've lived on this property. So about 17 years! More like 20. It's a young person's dream, but then you have kids and your partner may be on a different page than you, well - life happens. 

A few more decades down the track with all that life experience behind you, only contributes to making it across the finish line!




I'm reminded of how plants react to obstacles in the garden. They grow over it and even push their blooms straight through it. A fruiting season can be diverted, but never prevented. So patience may be required and taking the unconventional route sometimes. Even pushing through some barriers! 

Eventually you'll have something to show for it...and it's why I'm still down for the marathon.

I'd love to hear about your dreams and goals if you feel inclined to share? I've had to remake mine and replant after a brutal season of being ripped out. But the goal isn't going anywhere. Just taking a detour. 


CREDITS:

1st image by Krzysztof Hepner on unsplash
2nd image by Markus Winkler on unsplash
3rd image by: Junchen Zhou on pexels

Comments

  1. Oh gosh, being sick is no fun, even just the nuisance kind. I hope you're back to 100% soon.

    We're plugging away here on our homestead, with much of it being seasonal routine. Dan still has a list of projects, but for myself, I've set aside most of my blogging and writing so that I can resume my fiber arts again. I've got my loom set up and my spinning wheel back in action, an now I'm able to pursue creative processes that I set aside fifteen years ago. Feels good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful! It does feel good to make steps in the direction you're aiming for. Love it! Glad to hear you're excited about getting back to something you love. Thanks for sharing. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Throw your pebble into the pool...

Popular posts from this blog

Who's there?

Reopening this space

The least of these