Dusk moon

 


Coming home from a long day of work, I saw the most tantalising scene. The moon was full and huge, kissing the top of a large rain tree. Now changing into it's autumn leaves, the canopy married the twilight perfectly. Even though it had been a long, eventful day, I just plugged into the biggest display the world has ever seen. Heaven. It's up there. Doing it's own thing - as I was busy doing mine.

All it takes is a moment to realise, it's time to pause and breath. Even though you might be wondering how everything became so crazy right now - the world standing upside down? For a moment. Stop. Plug into something bigger than you and where your life seems to be right now. 

This moment didn't ask me to rush or do something impossible. Instead, I just had to turn my gaze upwards. Realising how wonderfully small I was. Back in the car I was smiling, knowing the day would be just as full tomorrow. Not in control of anything but a mere moment - of what I choose to do next.

Comments

  1. This is the best advice - just taking time to stop. look around, and listen to the natural sounds. It helps to remember that God's reality is still the same; not worried about what else is going on in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature is it's own detox, isn't it? 🙂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Throw your pebble into the pool...

Popular posts from this blog

Reopening this space

Who's there?

The least of these