The least of these



The path of least resistance makes for less conflict in your life. No-one can avoid conflict all together, but you can avoid dragging it out for long periods. For example, there were two strategies used in revamping my old blog recently, that began with facing two obstacles. They were... 

  1. What pictures to post when I wasn't going to take any more of the property I'm leaving? 
  2. How much to share about the old me, the new me, and the me in transition?

Enter the path of least resistance. Have you heard of Pexels or Unsplash? They are both FREE image websites, available for personal use. Why am I mentioning this? As a solution to one of the obstacles, I will be using images from these websites. Listing credits with links at the end of posts. 

I will take personal photos when the opportunity arises - but in new places - not from what I'm leaving behind.  




What about the me in transition though? I received clarity on that too. Because something remained consistent through my identity changing recently. My relationship with Jesus. I don't always advertise my faith, but His saving grace really kept me together. That, and the wonderful friends who demonstrated loyalty and love, in wonderful ways too.  

Allowing Jesus to lead my transition in real life, brought stability to my endless questions about the future. My profile now reflects that comfort. If you're wondering why I'm talking about something as personal as faith, it's because Jesus nudged me to reopen this blog. Akin to the free images above, I have to credit the creator, where credit is due.

In the scheme of things, always start with the least of these, and watch the progress you'll make! What is available to you now, or what small change can be made to start a new transition? This is very similar to small solutions in permaculture. What begs a rethink about your future, and where can you make the first incremental steps today? 

 

CREDITS:

1st Image - Photo by Johny Goerend on Unsplash

2nd Image - Photo by NEOSiAM 2024+ on Pexels

My image - Jesus Christ

Comments

  1. Chris, sometimes I don’t think I would have gotten through the really hard years without my faith. I am sure you are going to thrive in the coming years and will be all the stronger because of what you have experienced in the past couple of years. Chel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Chel. The hard years show you how to shine with His guidance. I really appreciate your kind words and support in the background. Yours and the T/M duo. 😊

      Delete
  2. I have to say that when my life was at its absolute darkest and in the midst of violet change that I didn't want, my answer was the same - Jesus. I remember one year on my birthday when I was absolutely crushed, He gave me the most amazing gift of completely lifting my pain. There were struggles still to come, but because of that, supportive friends, an a few Bible verses that I clung on to for dear life, I eventually came out the other side. I have no idea how people manage on their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience in a similar situation Leigh. Often it takes an incredible shake-up of your life to do a serious evaluation of what your priorities are. Psalm 23 has always been a firm favourite, but I'm learning some lovely new scriptures too. Your latter days have certainly been greater, than your former. 🙂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Throw your pebble into the pool...

Popular posts from this blog

Reopening this space

Who's there?